Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
I f you are looking for a compact yet powerful air purifier that can reduce the level of pollutants and allergens from your home, then the Germ Guardian AC482 is an option worthy of consideration. This product is highly efficient at removing dust and allergens from your home and this is all due to the 3-stage filtration system it uses. For a model that costs less than $150, this is a great selling point. Moreover, it has an attractive and modern design that complements any decor.
The GermGuardian is Energy Star qualified, meaning that it uses a small amount of energy in order to operate. For most homeowners who simultaneously use various appliances, this is a great advantage because having a device that uses only 55 watts at high speed will not result in raised costs when the electric bill is due. It is suitable for small rooms, that are around 167 square feet in size. It uses a 3-in-1 filtration system to ensure that all sizes of allergens and particles are trapped in the filters:
- The first stage uses activated carbon to capture large particles.
- In the second stage, the air is passed through the HEPA filter.
- In the third stage, the air is filtered via UV-C light to ensure that all germs, including bacteria and viruses, are completely removed.
|GermGuardian AC4825 Spec Sheet|
|Area coverage||167 sq. ft.|
|Air purification efficiency||99.97%|
|Filter media||Activated carbon media, HEPA filter, UV-C sterilizing light|
|Air changes per hour||4|
|CADR rating||108 for smoke, 118 for dust, 125 for pollen|
|Energy Star certification|
|Noise output||23 – 48 dB|
|Filter check indicator|
|Size||10.25″ x 6.75″ x 21.5″|
- It performs best when used in a small or medium-sized room where the doors and windows are closed during the air purification process.
- It is rated CADR 100+, which means that it can deliver 100 cubic feet per minute of clean air.
- It can remove all sorts of allergens, including the likes of mold spores, dust mites, allergens, pet dander, and even rids the air of cooking odors and tobacco smoke.
Due to the extensive performance it provides, the GermGuardian AC4825 is actually rated among the best products in the following niches: air purifiers for smoke, air purifiers for dust, air purifiers for allergies and asthma, as well as air purifiers for odor removal.
Convenient and Practical
It includes three fan speed settings: low, medium, and high. When used at the lower speed, this model is extremely quiet and even if you choose to run it on the medium speed, it won’t emit a loud noise. On the highest setting, it will generate more of a white noise, which is great considering that most units generate a lot of noise when they work at their peak. Maintaining it is not hard at all because basically all you have to do is use a damp cloth to wipe the stains or remove the dust from the vents. It’s recommended to vacuum the filter twice per month and replace it once or twice per year, depending on how often you use it.
Tip: If you value silence in the air purifier you intend to acquire, take a look at these air purifiers for baby room as the units are specifically designed to maintain quietness when operating. However, do factor in that their area coverage is generally smaller, tending to the needs of nurseries.
- It has a modern and sophisticated aspect with sleek lines, a black and silver exterior, and some silver touches that make it seem polished.
- If you have a lot of modern appliances in your living room, bedroom, or wherever you choose to install it, it will easily blend in with other appliances and look like it’s part of the décor.
- It weighs less than 9 pounds, so you won’t have to put a lot of effort into transporting it in another area whenever you want to.
Warranty and support
If you are used to receiving a limited one-year warranty, you should know that this model is actually backed for 3 years, so you can get it repaired or replaced (if it’s defective) for free during this long time span. For more information, you can contact the GermGuardian representatives via phone or email. You can find the phone number for customer support on their official page, where you can browse through the FAQs section, download a brand new user manual, and find even more useful options.
Indoor air quality improvement is actually made to look like child play by the GermGuardian 3-in-1 system as, through the use of effective filtration media that include a HEPA filter, and activated carbon media, as well as the UV-C light that destroys bacteria, the device actually manages to reduce pollution indoors by up to 99.97% per total. Thus, no more unpleasant odors, your allergies won’t act up anymore, asthma attacks are less likely to occur, and you will finally breathe easier as your lungs will fill with clean air. All the more impressive is the fact that it is among the cheapest tower-style purifiers on the market, which is quite baffling considering the performance it provides and overall positive feedback it has received from satisfied customers.