Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
A ir purifiers are designed to provide clean air and a healthy living environment. By reducing the number of allergens and pollutants in your house, you will feel refreshed and your immune system will be protected, even enhanced. If your budget is on the lower end, you can opt for the Honeywell HFD-120-Q Tower as it costs less than $200 and provides expert operation as opposed to other entries in its range. What we like the most is that it can even act as an ionizer, removing allergens and microorganisms to sanitize the air, an ability most systems lack. Moreover, it flaunts high CADR ratings but what’s important to mention here is that it is suited for small to medium-sized rooms.
The Honeywell HFD-120-Q can clean the air in rooms up to 170 square feet, so if you are in need of an air purifier for larger-size rooms (over 300 square feet) you cannot rely on it. However, this is not an issue as, if you want to utilize the system for the bedroom, nursery, or office, rooms that are generally smaller in size, it provides the thorough air filtration you seek. To prove just how effective it is in terms of air improvement, note that it is CADR rated 132 for pollen, which is considerably more compared to the competition.
It comes with a HEPA filter that can remove microorganisms and particles that are as small as 0.3 microns. HEPA filters are considered to be the most effective air purification means and are featured in most air cleaners nowadays. Keep in mind that the ACH rating, meaning the Air Changes per Hour, is 10 times for small rooms, 5 times for medium rooms, and 2.75 for large rooms.
- Due to the fact that it is an oscillating model, it provides more air circulation in the room. The only drawback is that it doesn’t include an on/off switch, so you can’t manually turn it off whenever you want, but rather stop oscillating when you unplug it.
- It is useful for pet owners and folk who cook on a daily basis as it removes pet odors and cooking smells.
- Another great aspect is that you can choose to add another filter for the removal of germs, viruses, and bacteria.
Design-wise, it is an aesthetically pleasing device with an ergonomic design. It measures 10.4″ in length, 9.65″ in width, and 28.74″ in height, so it’s somewhat bulky and hard to maneuver but other than that, it doesn’t have any flaws in its concept. You will love the tower design and sleek lines that fit with the decor of your house. It weighs 12.32 pounds, making it one of the most lightweight models in its price range. Furthermore, it is one of the most energy-efficient units available on the consumer market, consuming as little as a lamp when it runs, namely only 43 wats.
- Depending on your needs and preferences, you can adjust the speed between low, medium, and high. Keep in mind that if you choose to leave it on high, it will be noisy, but on lower or medium settings it won’t generate as much noise, so it won’t interfere with your daily activities.
- It uses non-replaceable filters that can be washed and left to dry after one or more uses, which implies reduced upkeep costs.
- The CADR rate for tobacco smoke is 110, so if you want to get rid of cigarette smoke and smell, it is one of the air purifiers that can entirely remove the unpleasant odor.
- This particular model is a great choice for people who are dealing with respiratory diseases like asthma or struggle with their allergy symptoms.
Warranty and Support
It comes with a 5-year warranty that covers additional repair costs. As long as you subject it to proper use, following the instructions provided, any malfunction that arises is solved free of charge. Moreover, Honeywell provides good quality customer support, which means that whenever you contact the support department, either via email or phone, representatives will promptly answer your request.
Rated high for its efficiency in air filtration, at 99% to be specific, this Honeywell product is an oscillating tower model that reduces pollutants of all sizes, making notable changes in life quality improvement. It doesn’t take up much space so that you can even use it in a cramped office, and as it is Energy Star certified for its low power draw, you can run it for hours on end without worrying about costs. Additionally, as it uses HEPA filtration, it stands among the purification means that are able to handle impurities down to 0.3 microns.